Esme Young's Costume Collection
Many will know Esme as a judge on GBSB. The bigger fans will know that she has enjoyed an impressive sewing career spanning 50 years!
Esme has made costumes for some of Hollywood’s biggest actors! From Trainspotting, Bridget Jones’ Diary and The Beach, to The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Wuthering Heights and Last Chance Harvey.
In the early 90’s, Esme and four designers opened London-based shop, ‘Swanky Modes’, which was featured in the biggest magazines and newspapers. She’s worked on high-profile campaigns and has also been part of individual commissions for Cher, Phil Collins and Grace Jones.
Esme will not only be judging our Dressmaking competition at The Stitch Festival this March, but will also be joining us on The Stitch Stage!
The Costume's Include
- The Pyjamas and Bunny costume in Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Dale Winton’s luxe suit from Trainspotting 2
- The nurses outfit from Trainspotting 2
- The Padlock dress worn by Grace Jones
- The amorphous dress created by Esme’s fashion brand Swanky Modes
- Daywear from the Swanky Modes label